We know how overwhelming it can be after you suffer a loss. Therefore, regardless if you decide to hire us or handle your claim on your own, we want to provide you with some useful tips.
If you sustain a loss to your home or business, you may want to consider the following actions:
- Make sure everyone is safe and then call the proper authorities if necessary.
- Take immediate action to mitigate your damage
- Take photographs or video to document the damage
- Keep records of all expenses with supporting documentation
- Promptly notify your insurance company
- Provide your insurance company with only known factual information
- Do not provide your insurance company with information based upon what you think or assume. If you don’t know don’t guess!
- Do not sign anything without reading it and understanding it
- Keep a record of what occurs after your loss including dates, times and names of people/companies that you speak with or visit your loss
- Before scheduling any appointment and/or inspections, you should know who will be coming out, who they work for and their purpose
Call Goodroad & Gat, Inc. for a FREE CONSULTATION